This little beauty has just gone into my oven. It's so easy because it cooks itself and gives me time to get on with other things. The ingredients are simple and the flavour, amazing!
Moroccan Leg of Lamb
- 2Kg leg of lamb (I've used a 2.4kg leg here)
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 or 2 bunches of dutch carrots whole
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes chopped (or potatoes)
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 onions quartered
- 1 capsicum chopped
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- Place all the vegetables into a deep banking dish
- In a bowl mix - 3 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, 2 teaspoons each of fennel seeds, ground ginger, grounded cumin, ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Rub honey and oil mixture all over the lamb and sit the lamb on top of the vegetables.
- Pour 2 cups of vegetable stock over the lamb and place rosemary on top
- Cover with a lid or two layers of foil and cook covered
- Cook on 140 - 150 celsius for 5 hours
- Serves 6 easily.
You can pretty much use what ever vegetables you have. It will taste fabulous. I lift the lid after about 3 hours of cooking time, just to make sure it 's not dry. Add a bit more chicken stock if required.
I usually serve this with couscous, sprinkled with pine nuts and coriander.